There are a few tips to keep in mind when creating passwords, and password length is a great place to start. Here are 3 more ideas to consider;
- Make your password hard to guess by people who know you,
- be careful not to give away your password through information shared on social media,
- stay away from single dictionary words and variations.
Password Top Tips
- Length is almost always better than complexity
- Use a minimum of three random words and include numbers and symbols
For example this password would be pretty good
- This example has 3 words,
- is pretty long at 24 characters, and
- has complexity, including digits, lowercase, uppercase and a symbol.